Maxey Village Hall
Maxey Village Hall dates from the middle of the 19th century and is positioned at the heart of this beautiful Cambridgeshire conservation village.
Built of local stone, the building housed the village school (hence School Lane) up until the mid 1960’s. Since that time it has been enlarged and improved to accommodate its many uses for the locals over the years.
Today the hall is, physically and figuratively, very much the centre of this thriving community. During any year functions and ‘get-togethers’ are held there; from regular Parish Council meetings to village dances,whist drives, art groups. It’s the polling station at election time and the regular meeting place for community groups.
The Parish Council with the help of The Village Hall committee are charged with its governance, maintenance and improvement – for the benefit of Maxey’s residents and all hall users.
Regular Weekly Activities
10:00 – 11:00 Parish Church Family Service (3rd Sunday of month)
15:30 – 17:00 New Life Fellowship
18:30 – 20:00 New Life Fellowship
19:30 – 21:30 Whist Drive
19:00 – 21:00 Parish Council Meeting (Last Tuesday of Month)
9:30 – 10:30 Yoga
14:00 – 16:00 Welcome Club (Alternate weeks)
19:45 – 21:30 New Life Felllowship
9:00 – 12:00 Art Group
19:00 – 21:00 Youth Group
The hall facilities are comprehensive:-
- Accommodating parties of up to 100, with adequate tables and two seating grades.
- Audio facilities.
- Audio/visual facilities with large-screen projection equipment (chargeable)
- Small to medium-sized conference capability (up to 100) with comfortable seating and DVD and Lap-Top presentation ability.
- Additional, separate, smaller meeting room.
- Kitchen and toilet facilities
- Heritage Old English crockery available (chargeable)
- Comprehensive heating for the winter months
- Ample safe on-site car parking
- Pleasant, quiet village location within easy access of Peterborough, Spalding, Stamford and Market Deeping.
Village hall Booking Rates.
For further information on booking the Hall along with terms and conditions please see the attached: